Smart, strategic communications can improve lives
We partner with our clients to achieve their advocacy, development and membership goals, knowing that our work impacts the lives of real people — working families, women, children, LGBTQ+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, people of color, religious minorities, people affected by gun violence, incarcerated and returning citizens, and so many others.
What We Do
West End Strategy Team creates opportunities for social change through creative communications strategies and campaigns. We are driven to succeed because we believe in our clients and share their passion, values and commitment to social change.
- Supported refugees fleeing Afghanistan
- Safely reopened summer camp for thousands of youth
- Helped clergy promote COVID vaccinations in their communities
- Positioned clients to succeed in the new reality of a pandemic
- Amplified voices of Minneapolis leaders after George Floyd’s murder
- Supported historic partnership between the Chamber of Commerce, faith leaders and the AFL-CIO
- Launched docuseries featuring first-person profiles of Muslims in America
- Helped a whistleblower come forward about Trump and Ukraine
- Rolled out major report on impact of technology on democracy
- Challenged the administration on its refugee policies
- Celebrated five years of driving meaningful change
- Publicized moving D.C.’s oldest synagogue to site of new Capital Jewish Museum
- Generated support for D.C.’s Initiative 77 raising tipped minimum wage
- Managed media at the funerals of former Pres. George H.W. Bush and Sen. John McCain
- Supported women in telling their stories of assault by former President Trump
- Secured federal funding for home visiting program supporting infants, toddlers and parents
- Organized against the proposed “Muslim Ban”
- Countered attacks from the religious right ahead of the election
- Secured reauthorization of the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Supported the adoption of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action
- Supported clergy in Ferguson after Michael Brown’s murder
- Launched report tracing 10 years of attitudes toward LGBT issues
- WEST founded
- Launched Amnesty International report on drone strikes in Pakistan
- Placed commentary in all 50 states calling to declassify a report on Bush-era torture policies
Harnessing expertise from experience in communications, media, government, political campaigns, nonprofits and agencies, we are a team of persistent, committed professionals who understand the media landscape and compelling messaging. We have a proven track record of equipping clients to achieve their goals. We pursue opportunities that lead to results.
We develop and implement bold and innovative communications strategies to frame the narrative and leverage the news cycle. Our strategic communications initiatives directly support client goals, reach new audiences and drive meaningful and lasting change.
Why hire us?
We partner with our clients, working alongside them to create meaningful change by achieving their goals. We believe in our clients’ visions and are persistent in cultivating opportunities to amplify their mission and stories.